The Channellock story starts back in 1886, when George B. DeArment, a blacksmith from Evansburg, Pa., began hand-forging farrier’s tools in a small factory.
Then he would sell them from town to town out of the back of a wagon. Eventually, the business became known as the Champion Bolt & Clipper Company. 1893.
After a rough phase in the late 1890’s when a local bank teller stole the bank’s funds, in 1904, the company moved to a 12,000 square-foot facility in Meadville, and expanded its product line to include nippers, pinchers and open-end wrenches.
A hundred plus years later, the facility is still going strong. As for Channellock, they are still the hardworking pliers made by proud, harder working Americans.